Saturday, August 25, 2012

Good all around splitter

Reviews: Fiskars 7853 X17 23-1/2-Inch Splitting Axe

I ordered this to split 1+ cord of wood into woodstove sized pieces as well as kindling for our new woodstove last winter. That's not a lot of wood by most measures, but it's enough to get a good idea of how this axe will perform. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, and if (like me) you want a dual-purpose tool that can split a bit of wood as well as cut kindling, this axe is perfect for these needs. If you are cutting more wood I would recommend you look at one of the longer Fiskars splitters--especially the Fiskars 7854 which has tons of great reviews on this site as well as a professional arborist site. In addition, if you are only looking to cut kindling I might consider the 17 in. Fiskars splitter, or even one of their other shorter hatchets or axes. But as a do-it-all option for smaller jobs, this is a great choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment