Friday, August 24, 2012

ultimate survival tool

Reviews: Fiskars 7856 X11 17-Inch Splitting Axe

Others have already written on the great edge retention (I can keep mine where it will easily slice a sheet of paper after chopping and splitting 12-15 mid sized dead dogwood trees ((in case you don't know dogwood is very hard)), and others have already written on the indestructable quality, and the amazing amount of power in such a small package (at 17" and 2.7 pounds I have been able to split anything my 8 pound splitting maul can, sometimes with a little help from a small wooden wedge that takes about 30 seconds to make with a small piece of firewood and an amazingly sharp Fiskars 17" splitting axe. So I won't bore you with those facts and I will simply and honestly say that if I had to head for the hills and could only take one cutting tool with me, either knife, saw, machete, or axe, I wouldn't hesitate or give second thought to grabbing my Fiskars 17" splitting axe and not look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment