Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Awesome Splitting Axe

Reviews: Fiskars 7884 X27 36-Inch Super Splitting Axe

I dont normally post reviews for anything i buy b/c most things i buy do exactly what i expect of them.
Well, this purchase wowed me so much i just had to write a review.

You will not be disappointed with this axe. i got to open my axe about 10pm. i was so excited to try it b/c of all the raved reviews for the 28" that i went out and struck one log of this wood. Now normally this wood has been taking me about an hour with my wedge and maul to break up 2 or 3 logs. wood is seasoned, but still very hard to split. each piece is knotty in one or two spots, but i am still able to split it. My cheap old splitter just did nothing but laugh at me everything i hit the wood with it. when i bought it years ago it worked ok. it took work but i was able to split all the wood i had which was mainly hickory and red oak. the wedge works but not quickly, while most of the time taking 2 wedges to split it.

well that one log i struck last night in the dark, took 1 swing..1 and it cut right through the log. I figured it would take 3 or 4 b/c it was so knotty, but nope. I was so surprised and thought maybe this one log was just right for splitting. so i grabbed a second log and wham! same thing! I would have kept going but it was to dark and i didnt want to hurt myself, but i can wait to go home and try it when i can actually see what i am doing.

i can say this was well worth the money. if you are going to spend $30 or $40 on a cheaper on from the big box stores, spend and extra $10 or 15 to get this. you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment