Friday, September 14, 2012

best I've ever used - splitting wonder

Reviews: Fiskars 7884 X27 36-Inch Super Splitting Axe

I've never used anything like this; lightweight, I haven't experienced any vibration, and it seems to cut through anything true to it's word with more one strike splits - nearly all of them are.

I'm just about through the first load of logs for the season (10-12 face cord conservatively of beech, hard maple, cherry, etc.) and we'll burn at least 25 cord a year so I'll split 25-30 to be safe. I was planning to buy a wood splitter next year but I'm not anymore, it would be a waste of time and money.

This thing is amazing and I'm enjoying splitting. Sure there's a few pieces it doesn't like but I just work from the outside in and I'm getting those too. I think I've run into 2 pieces it didn't want to split? I could hit them harder, get the ol wedge & sledge out, or my favorite- throw those on the bonfire in the summer and not worry about it.

I was looking into reviews about a good splitting maul or something different because I never liked the old mauls.. I saw this, read the reviews and gave it a try...glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment