Saturday, September 1, 2012

Great little axe/splitter

Reviews: Fiskars 7856 X11 17-Inch Splitting Axe

An outstanding little axe and small wood splitter.

I got it for splitting 6-8" and smaller sizes of wood and making kindling and it is nothing short of perfect for splitting and light chopping chores as it is a real axe. I use 3 to 4 cords of wood a year so there's a lot of resizing done during the winter.

I like it as it works very well one handed for the average man and easily adapts to two handed chopping for those of lighter stature. It goes through a chunk of oak like a dream and is so much easier to use than the full size 6# maul.

I work with gloves so my only addition was to wrap 3/4 of the handle with a layer of friction tape to insure a solid non slip grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment