Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Best firewood tool

Reviews: Fiskars 7854 X25 28-Inch Splitting Axe

I've been doing firewood my entire life and have been swinging an ax for close to 30 years of it. When I saw all the reviews here I didn't believe they could be accurate, but had to give it a try. I'm glad I did because this ax is amazing. It splits easier and faster than any other ax or maul I've used. Its less than half the weight of my previously favorite splitting maul and does twice the work.

The only knock I have against this ax is the short handle. I'm not sure if it is designed that way for efficiency of movement in splitting or that is what is preferred around the world. I see on the website they have a model X27 with a 36" handle. I can't find it anywhere but will be getting one as soon as I find out how along with one of the splitting hatchets to have at the house for kindling.

Fiskars makes excellent products. My wife is a big fan of their cutting instruments for scrap booking. You couldn't find to much different areas (scrap booking v. wood splitting) but the company excels in both.

I'd also recommend checking out you tube to see other methods people have come up with to use this more efficiently.

I've bought a lot of items from Amazon and this is the only one thats moved me to leave a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment