Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Love this axe; highly recommended!

Reviews: Fiskars 7884 X27 36-Inch Super Splitting Axe

Having never owned more than your standard hardware store axe, I wanted to upgrade to something more powerful to tackle some of the larger logs in my woodpile. After doing a fair amount of research and reading multiple reviews, I settled on this axe.

I couldn't be more happy! After splitting two heaping wheelbarrows full of wood in half the time, I was amazed at what this axe could handle. I was making quick work of logs 15-18"+ in diameter (stuff which I would never have even attempted with my previous axe), and just about everything smaller was "one and done" as I split it. What was particularly enjoyable (in massaging my male ego) was to be able to finally vanquish all of the 'reject logs' that I had attempted to split with my previous axe but which had gotten the best of me. Very "Rocky IV" :-).

Plastic case that holds the blade is a little bulky and gimmicky, but it is functional. I also bought the Fiskars blade sharpener which further improves the factory edge. Handle is hollow (though supposedly stronger than steel), which allows it to be mostly weighted toward the head for (I believe) better striking ability.

All-in-all, very happy with this purchase. So much so that it convinced me to write my first review on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment