Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The best invention since the wheel!

Reviews: Fiskars 7854 X25 28-Inch Splitting Axe

Ok. I'm just as regular guy from the suburbs. A few years ago I had a number of trees cut down. I went and bought an 8 lb maul at The Home Depot. After several weeks I had split maybe 10 rounds. It was back breaking work. I ended up having all the rest of the wood picked up by the town. Since then I bought a wood stove insert and started becoming a 'wood scavenger'. Firewood costs about 250$ a cord here in NY. At that cost I might as well use natural gas. One day I searched the internet for tips on wood stoves and someone mentioned this splitter. I ordered it because of the rave reviews and took it to a site down the road that had a pile of trees that were cut down to make took for condos. These trees were felled a few days earlier. I squared up and went through one big round five minutes. Green maple! Them I tried some oak. No problem for the Fiskars. Before I knew it I had so much wood I couldn't fit it all in the back of my truck! BUY THIS SPLITTER! I
Now I can't believe I threw all that wood out. Had I had this splitter I would have had enough wood for years. Its a damn shame. Now I drive around looking for wood to split. I would still be buying it if it wasn't for the Fiskars. To anyone who thinks they are just not the wood splitting type...you are......you just have the wrong tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment